Terms & Conditions
Concierge Care is simply a new name for an old concept: a physician-patient relationship based on mutual respect and trust, built over time. Our concept is to deliver healthcare the way it use to be, in home or hospital, and meeting each patient where they are at - whether the beginning or the end - and holding them in a balanced, healing space - until they are read to move forward on their own.
Privacy & Safety
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you.
Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record
- You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health information we have about you. Ask us how to do this.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
Ask us to correct your medical record
- You can ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
- We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request confidential communications
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
Ask us to limit what we use or share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations. We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your care.
- If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer. We will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share that information.
Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why.
- We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose someone to act for you
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
- We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
- You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us directly at:
- TCM Concierge
- You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, or by calling , calling 1-877-696-6775.
- We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
For certain health information, you can tell us your choices about what we share. If you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us. Tell us what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions.
In these cases, you have both the right and choice to tell us to:
- Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in your care
- Share information in a disaster relief situation
- Include your information in a hospital directory
If you are not able to tell us your preference, for example if you are unconscious, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest. We may also share your information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.
In these cases we never share your information unless you give us written permission:
- Marketing purposes
- Sale of your information
- Most sharing of psychotherapy notes
In the case of fundraising:
- We may contact you for fundraising efforts, but you can tell us not to contact you again.
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information?
We typically use or share your health information in the following ways.
We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
Run our organization
We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.
Example: We use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
Bill for your services
We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.
Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.
How else can we use or share your health information?
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes.
Help with public health and safety issues
We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Preventing disease
- Helping with product recalls
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
We can use or share your information for health research.
Comply with the law
We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.
Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
We can share health information with a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director when an individual dies.
Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- We can use or share health information about you:
- For workers’ compensation claims
- For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
- With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
- For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
This Notice is effective as of the date that this document is signed.
Terms and Conditions
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
TCM Concierge DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY USING THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, WHETHER SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS.
TCM Concierge does not recommend self-management of health problems, nor does it endorse any type of medical treatment. The Content, and any data, information or results provided on, through or by the Services, are (a) not intended to be medical advice or instructional for medical diagnosis or treatment, (b) not intended to be complete or to replace personal consultation with a qualified health care professional, and (c) not a substitute for or intended to replace the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider(s) or any other diagnostic or therapeutic services. Content on this website is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease and has not been evaluated by the FDA. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider regarding the Content and or any questions you may have regarding a health or medical condition, and you must never disregard, avoid or delay obtaining professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider(s) because of any Content. You acknowledge that while some Content may be provided by individuals in the medical field, the provision of such Content does not create a medical professional/patient relationship, and does not constitute a medical opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment, but is provided for informational purposes only. “Content” means text, data, graphics, images, photographs, video, audio, information, suggestions, guidance, content and other materials provided, made available or otherwise found on the Website. The Content is not intended to substitute for or replace any other diagnostic or therapeutic services. Reliance on any Content is solely at your own risk.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, written and video testimonials, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, "Contributions").
Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
1. the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
4. your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
5. your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
6. your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, hateful or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
7. your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
8. your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
9. your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
10. your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
11. your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
12. your Contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
13. your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
In accordance with the FTC guidelines concerning use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, please be aware of the following:
Testimonials appearing on this site are collected or recorded via survey text submission, email text, interview or professionally produced videos based on patients’ actual treatment outcomes. We do not claim that they are typical results that patients will generally achieve, and outcomes may vary based on each individual patient. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all individuals who will be a patient at a TCM Concierge.
The testimonials displayed (text, audio, and/or video) are given verbatim except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Interview answers are not scripted and are based on the patients’ actual experiences. Some testimonials have been shortened, so that the whole message received by the testimonial is not displayed or viewed on the videos. This is done only when a testimonial is lengthy, or if the entire testimonial did not seem relevant for the general public. The patients giving the testimonials may have been given free or discounted treatments for the use of sharing their experience. Patients should consult their physician if they are under treatment for a specific condition prior to starting any new treatment protocol.
Your first experience starts with an initial consultation. You have the option of a standalone virtual consultation or a consultation paired with an acupuncture treatment. For consultations paired with an acupuncture treatment, you can either do both in-clinic in the same appointment, or you can have your consultation virtually & then come in for acupuncture at a later date.
While we don't file directly with insurance companies, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Flex Savings Accounts (FSA), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA) may be accepted for purchase of acupuncture or virtual visits.
Check with provider for HSA, FSA and HRA eligibility. The laws relating to the practice of acupuncture vary from state to state. Individual results may vary. Not intended to constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
We do our best to make our services as affordable as possible, but understand that having funds available for "alternative" healthcare is a privilege not all can afford. As such, we offer 30% of our business transactions as Barter. In the state of Tennessee, Barter is considered a valid form of payment for medical services and we're happy to participate in this enterprise!
Barter: to trade goods or services in exchange for other goods or services.
If you are in need of financial assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.